Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Littlest Goat Farmer



Life has been pretty exciting for me this past week. Everyday I get up, have my breakfast, get dressed and play for a bit. Then Mommy asks me to get my coat, and I always squeal with joy and go running to the front closet. After we are bundled up we go outside to do our chores. We have to feed the goats grain, water and hay, and the pot bellied pigs get pelleted piggy chow and water. Then Mommy puts me in the sled and off we go to check the "big" goats. I really love the farming life! Its great fun!

Our new goats are doing great and I don't mind them at all. On Friday Mommy took me to another goat farm where they have brown goats. They scared me and made me cry when they nibbled my boot. I prefer my quiet, white fluffy goats. This goat's name is

After we finish our chores we go back inside for lunch and a nap. I think I could get used to this farming business!

Yesterday we brought home a new little friend. She is a 4 month old Maremma puppy named Luna. She is big, white and fluffy. Mommy says she is a livestock guardian dog and her job is to protect the goats from coyotes and predators. She was born and raised in a goat pen, like many ancestors before her. I think I'd like her to live in our house and play with me, but Mommy says she has a very important job to do. She is named Luna after my very favourite book, "Goodnight, Moon".



Come and visit me soon!
Love,
Lil Will

No comments: